Hot cocoa is made purely from cocoa powder and brings back a lot of childhood memories for me. There’s nothing more satisfying than drinking a warm cup of homemade hot cocoa. It’s comforting and delicious at the same time.
A creamy smooth hot cocoa is a winter treat and generally much denser and richer than drinking chocolate. All it takes to make a cup of hot cocoa is some hot water or milk and cocoa powder.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons sugar
- vanilla pod one third (approximately 5 cm )
Notes from Rouba
- If you like your chocolate drink frothy, put it into a blender.
- How much sugar you add is up to you.
- Treat it like a dessert by topping it with whipped cream, marshmallows and dusting it with cocoa powder.
- What is the difference between cacao and cocoa? Find out here.
Whisk together the cocoa, sugar and 1/4 cup of milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until no lumps remain and sugar begins to dissolve.
Add remaining milk. Split and scrape the vanilla bean pod into the milk. Add the scraped-out pods to infuse the cocoa with vanilla flavour. Continue to stir on medium to low heat for approximately 3 minutes.
My boys prefer a mug!
Why you’ll love this drink:
- Winter drink
- Rich & dense