A delicious and easy to make this spinach and pasta salad. Tossed with a quick homemade garlicky dressing, it’s a summer essential. This is the ideal side dish for the hot summer months, making it perfect for picnics, barbecues or your summer gatherings and entertaining. The right combination of easy store-bought and simple ingredients with my delicious homemade dressing makes this entire combination simply delicious.
This easy salad will be your go-to and the first bowl to get eaten, trust me! Remove the feta cheese for a vegan-friendly meal. If you love the combination of the ingredients but want a healthier alternative to pasta, check out my pearl couscous and chickpea salad.
- 300 grams of pasta (penne)
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes (snacking small) cut in ½’s
- 1 x 400 grams can artichoke hearts cut in ¼’s
- 120 grams black olives (pitted)
- 5 sprigs of spring onion chopped
- 80 grams baby spinach shredded
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 200 grams feta cut into cubes (omit for vegan)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed (large)
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon sumac (optional)
- salt to season
Notes from Rouba
- The most important step in making this salad is perfecting the cooking of the pasta. You want it to be cooked al-dente.
- This salad will keep very well in the fridge for up to 3 days. You may need to add some more dressing.
- You need pasta with a good solid texture and shape to absorb all the sauce. I prefer to use penne.
Cook the pasta according to package directions, in salted water. Shake excess water and toss with a little oil to prevent the pasta from sticking. Set aside.
Chop and prepare the salad ingredients.
To make the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients (I like to use a jar for this – always shake the jar before pouring). Season with salt.
Toss all ingredients together except for the feta. Add the dressing, taste and adjust the seasoning. Gently mix in the feta cheese.
Servings: serves 6-8
Why you will love this salad: