Pesto spaghetti with sundried tomatoes is the perfect dinner because everybody loves a super-quick meal. This dish is extremely quick to throw together and will cost you less than $10 to feed your family 🙌
If you feel like making your pesto this time, here’s my delicious walnut pesto recipe.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons chilli paste/mince
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of vegetable stock or water
- salt to season
- 1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes strips
- 5 spring onions
- 500 grams of spaghetti pasta (thin, no.3)
Notes from Rouba
- Chicken stock can also be used instead of vegetable stock.
- Thin spaghetti works best for this recipe.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain.
Meanwhile, while the pasta is cooking, using a wok or large saucepan, add oil and Sauté the pesto, chilli, and garlic over medium heat until soft but not golden, for approximately 1 minute. Lower the heat, add balsamic vinegar and stock/water. Season with salt and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
Once the pesto sauce is ready, add the sundried tomatoes and spring onion. Toss through with the spaghetti. Finish off with cracked black pepper.
Servings: serves 6
Why you’ll love this:
Easy to make