This hearty cauliflower is a delicious light meal made from basic ingredients with so much flavour. It’s a quick, easy, and comforting winter soup dish. If you have cauliflower in the fridge, you probably have everything else you will need and it can all be ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
The only problem you may have is choosing between this or my cauliflower and celery soup — both are incredibly delicious!
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 small onion roughly chopped
- ½ cauliflower roughly cut into florets
- 1 small potato roughly chopped
- 1 small carrot roughly chopped
- 4 cups of water
- salt to season
- coriander to garnish
Notes from Rouba
- Top individual bowls of soup with my oven-roasted cauliflower crisps. These are always my side dish to cauliflower soup and I use them as a garnish too.
- If your soup is too thick, add a little water. Gradually stir in more water until the soup reaches the perfect consistency.
- For a vegan-friendly dish, substituted the butter with olive oil.
In a medium-size pot, melt the butter and begin by sautéing the onion until softened. Add the remaining vegetables and toss for approximately 10 minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce, lower the heat, and cook for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and soft.
Remove from heat. Puree with a stick blender or in a food processor. Blend until completely smooth. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add hot water a little at a time.
Add coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Servings: serves 4-6
Why you will love this soup:
Easy & Quick
Hearty winter soup
Ready in less than 30 minutes