This whole baked fish with vegetables is perfect for entertaining. An impressive dinner that’s very simple and crazy delicious, your family will love this dish. If you don’t like the idea of whole fish then pan-seared fish with tomato and olives is just as simple.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + 1 extra tablespoon
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 onion cut into rings
- 1 red capsicum cut into rings
- 1 green capsicum cut into rings
- ½ cup sundried tomato strips
- ½ cup kalamata olives pitted
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup parsley chopped for garnish
- whole fish cleaned, gutted, and scaled
- salt and pepper to season
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ bunch fresh coriander (40 grams)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Notes from Rouba
- It’s important not to overcook the fish.
- Ask your fishmonger to scale and gut the fish for you. This makes baking the fish super quick and easy.
- Steamed jasmine rice is an ideal accompaniment to this dish.
- Give your fish one final good rinse at home, then lightly pat it dry with paper towels.
- Use whole fish such as snapper, or barramundi.
Preheat the fan-forced oven to 180° degrees.
Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a large baking tray and arrange only ¾ of all the prepared ingredients at the base. Toss through.
Lightly score the fish by cutting into the flesh using a sharp knife in diagonal lines about 2-3 cm apart. Season generously with salt.
To make the marinade, put the garlic and coriander including the stems in a mini food processor and whizz for approximately 15 seconds, or until finely chopped. Add the olive oil and process some more until smooth.
Alternatively, you can make the coriander marinade in a mortar and pestle.
Spoon the marinade evenly over the fish on both sides, inside the slits and cavity. Squeeze the lemon all over the fish and stuff the lemon half inside the cavity of the fish. Place the fish in the baking tray over the vegetables.
Place the remaining ingredients carefully over the fish. Drizzle with extra olive oil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from the oven. Garnish with remaining parsley. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon half evenly over the top of the fish and serve immediately.
Servings: serves 4-6
Why you will love this recipe:
Simple and crazy delicious
Perfect for entertaining
Healthy family meal