These crispy breadsticks are a keeper! Quick and easy homemade breadsticks are perfect with many dips or as an irresistible snack.
This will be the talk of your dinner party. Za’atar spice, sumac, and salt go perfectly well with these. I love serving them in a simple vase.
You can oil and bake them too. Just remember to handle them very gently. I always make more because I break a few along the way.
- Arabic flatbread
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Za’atar herb (optional)
- Sumac herb (optional)
*Crispy Bread Sticks can be prepared up 2 days ahead of your event.
*You can keep crispy bread in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Here’s how to make Crispy Breadsticks
- Tear smaller pieces of the Arabic flatbread by hand enough to make two layers at the base of the vase for elevation.
- Cut the remaining Arabic flatbread into strips with the kitchen scissors.
- Deep fry bread in small batches until crispy and golden in colour.
- Don’t overcrowd the fry-pan and make sure they’re fried evenly on all sides. (they take less than a minute to fry)
- jazz up the flavours of your breadsticks by sprinkling with sumac or zaatar.
Alternatively, you can toast the bread:
•Tear or cut the bread, brush it with olive oil, and bake at 190°degrees for a few minutes until lightly browned.
Serve these with my delicious Avocado Hummus, smoky Eggplant Salad, and tzatziki. The simple addition of these dips with some crispy breadsticks makes the best appetizers for your grazing tables and cheeseboards.
Here’s a step by step video:
Why you will love the addition of these when entertaining:
Will be the Talk of Your Dinner Party
Simple to Make
Quick and Easy
Sahtan – Enjoy In Good Health