A great tasting charred capsicum bruschetta starts with quality ingredients. Try this irresistible idea for your next dinner party—little tasty bruschettas of garlic bread topped with delicious ingredients.⠀
- sourdough or baguette bread sliced (2½ -3 cm thick)
- chargrilled capsicum strips
- feta cheese diced into small cubes
- black olives pitted and halved
- spring onion finely chopped
- mozzarella or tasty cheese shredded
- ½ cup salted butter softened at room temperature.
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
Notes from Rouba
- Garlic butter can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
- Chargrilled capsicum strips can be store-bought.
Begin by making the garlic butter. Combine crushed garlic, softened butter, and a sprinkle of fresh parsley and bring to a smooth paste. Spread generously over the bread and grill for 1 minute so that the bread will soften and butter will melt.⠀
Remove and top with chargrilled capsicum, black olives, feta cheese, and spring onion. Top with tasty Mozzarella cheese and place under the grill again to melt the cheese and lightly toast the bread. Serve immediately.
If you love hors-d’oeuvres, these are a must-try: