The incredibly comforting Middle Eastern Egg And Potato Mash (Batata Wu Bayd) is a great breakfast or brunch recipe idea. You could have it for lunch, dinner or on those lazy days when you don’t feel like cooking.
Let me also share with you these 13 easy Middle Eastern breakfast ideas made with only a handful of key ingredients and lots of love. Discover a hearty, delicious breakfast that will set the mood for the whole day ahead and equip you with the necessary energy to be your most productive, inspired self.
- 1 large potato
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon cumin ground
- ½ teaspoon Arabian Spice or Bharat -Middle Eastern Seven Spice Blend (See Rouba’s Tips)
- Parsley finely chopped
- Spring onion finely chopped
- Salt to season
- Olive oil
Arabian spice is my blend known in the Middle East as Bharat -7 spice blend. You can find it at Middle Eastern grocery stores and various supermarkets. Otherwise substitute with 5 spice or allspice.
Which variety of potatoes to use: Mash – Dutch cream and an excellent all-rounder is Sebago. Know your potato guide
Place the potatoes in salted boiling water. Bring to a boil until cooked through – Drain.
While the potatoes are cooking, place the eggs in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil, cooking until cooked through – Remove – Peel.
There are no more steps required here. All you need to do for this recipe is combine it in the order suggested.
- On a board or in plate coarsely mash the potatoes and egg and combine well.
- Season with salt, a sprinkle of cumin and a sprinkle of Arabian Spice/Bharat/7 spice blend or Allspice.
- Drizzle with good quality olive oil.
- Garnish generously with parsley and spring onion.
- And if you love olive oil, go ahead and drizzle some more.
Why you will love this recipe:
simple to make
for lazy days
healthy and delicious
Sahtan – Enjoy In Good Health