3 Cheese Sesame Muffins are perfect for lunchboxes and for a simple snack at home. The combinations of 3 kinds of cheese, chives and chia seeds make them delicious.
Don’t let the list of ingredients put you off, everything can be mixed in one bowl by hand and there’s no complicated preparation involved. Simply add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stir and you are ready to go!
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 25 butter (melted)
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- 400 grams Feta (crumbled)
- 125 grams kefalograviera cheese cut into small cubes (see note)
- 125 grams Haloumi cheese cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons chives finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mint finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- black pepper
- 3 cups self-raising flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon white sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon black sesame seeds
Servings: makes 12 muffins
Step 1 – Heat the oven to 180°. Whisk eggs and add all ingredients except for the flour and baking powder. Mix well.
Step 2 – Add flour and baking powder. Fold in until the dry ingredients are moistened.
Grease a 12 cup large muffin tray with melted butter. Sprinkle with combined black and white sesame seeds.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tray. Do not flatten. Sprinkle the top again with combined black and white sesame seeds. Rest for 10 minutes.
Step 3 – Bake in a pre-heated oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through. The tops will also be lightly browned.
- If the halloumi is too salty, put it in cold water for about 5-10 minutes. Rinse and use.
- Kefalograviera is a Greek cheese made from sheep’s milk. Learn more here.
- Sesame Cheese Muffins are perfect with a cup of tea. Make your cup of tea here.
Why your family will love these:
Lunch box friendly
Moist & Fluffy
3 steps to make