An easy pearl couscous and chickpea salad perfect for entertaining or alongside a casual barbecue. Tossed with a quick homemade garlic zesty dressing it also can be the ideal side dish for the for your next picnic.
This easy salad is also one of my many salads that are a complete meal.
- 300 grams pearl couscous
- 1 x can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes diced small
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber diced small
- 1 red capsicum diced small
- 1 x 400 grams can artichoke hearts diced small
- 150 grams black olives (pitted) diced small
- 4 sprigs of spring onion finely chopped
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped
- ¼ cup mint finely shredded
- 150 grams crumbled feta (omit if vegan)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed (large)
- 1 teaspoon mint dried
- salt to season
*This salad will keep very well in the fridge for up to 4 days. You may need to add some more dressing.
*The addition of pomegranate is optional and of course seasonal.
Cook pearl couscous according to package directions, shake excess water and toss with a little oil to prevent it from sticking. Set aside.
Chop and prepare salad ingredients and combine in a bowl large enough to mix in.
To make the dressing, Combine dressing ingredient (I like using a jar for this- always shake the jar before pouring over the salad). Season with salt and pour over the salad. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Why you will love this salad:
make ahead of time
Sahtan – Enjoy In Good Health