Follow this easy step-by-step recipe to make your own oven semi-dried tomatoes at home. They are super easy to make in the oven and irresistibly delicious.
This will certainly give your pasta, pizza, quiches, and salads a burst of sweet and tangy flavours. Plus, who says they can’t be the perfect appetizer or side dish?
Sun-dried tomatoes are tomatoes that have been dried out. These are drizzled with olive oil, salted and low baked in the oven.
- 500 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- salt to season
Notes from Rouba
- If you are using bigger tomatoes, cut them into chunks.
- If you prefer juicier tomatoes, roast them for approximately 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 170°. Cut the tomatoes in half lengthways and place them in a bowl. Toss them together with the olive oil and season with salt. Place cut-side up in a roasting tin lined with baking paper.
Roast for approximately 1 hour, depending on the size of your tomatoes until they have shrunk by about half but are still slightly juicy in the centre.
Remove and leave to cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Different ways to use oven semi-dried tomatoes:
- Add them to your caramelised onion quiche
- Eat them as a snack
- Make a simple bruschetta
- Enjoy them in a sumac herb salad
- Toss them with your favourite pasta